THE BUILDING PROCESS
Congratulations on the decision to build your new home. Below is a guide to help you though the process. We understand that you are new to building, but keep in mind that this is what we do everyday.
- Meet the builder and his staff. Discuss your objectives. Included in this meeting is location, budget, features and design.
- Select (or bring us) a plan. Make it yours by creating or modifying features that reflect how you want to live in your home.
- Ratify a contract. After the plan details are solidified, put it in writing!
- Break ground and watch the foundation “cut” into the earth.
- Frame the house and get a roof on her! What was on paper, now takes shape as your new home!
- While the house is being built, meet the builder representative to select interior finishes such as cabinets, countertops, carpet, tile, appliances, and paint color.
- While the interior is being completed, the exterior is also being completed to your specifications.
- After all selections are installed and interior painting is completed, the pre-settlement walk through will take place.
- Gibson Homes will further inspect all areas of the home for client satisfaction.
- Establish accounts and have the utilities transferred to your name.
- Settlement with your local attorney or settlement agency takes place and the deed is recorded.
- The house is yours!
- Move in and enjoy years of health and happiness in your new Gibson home!
- Remember that we will be here for you, even after your home is built. Contact us anytime.